You love our community and there are countless ways to help it grow and thrive. Whatever your charitable goals and no matter your means, you can make a difference.
Grants at the Comox Valley Community Foundation support a wide range of local charitable organizations to make our city a better place to live, work and play.
The Comox Valley Community Foundation is launching the first of an ongoing series of Comox Valley Vital Signs initiatives.
You live your life with intention and focus. You are passionate about our community and have a vision for the future. What will your legacy be?
Welcome to the Comox Valley Community Foundation!
Enriching lives in the Comox Valley has been our purpose, promise and passion since 1996 when we started connecting donors to community needs and opportunities.
We are a community catalyst and engage in three core activities:
- We bring donors to the table as community builders, and help them formulate and realize their philanthropic goals, matching their interests and concerns with community needs and opportunities, and finding innovative and responsible ways to give their investments lasting impact.
- We take the broadest view of what a community is and what it needs to thrive. This is why our grants support everything from safety and support of the less able or less fortunate to recreation, the arts, and the environment.
- We take a long-term view of the community and though our Vital Signs Comox Valley initiative, our granting and community engagement help make our community more caring and compassionate, resilient and better positioned for an improving future for all who live here.
As an independent charitable organization, we are only limited by the will and imagination of our donors, and the groups and people we support in the community. Since inception, our donors have generously entrusted us with over $11.5 million which we have promised to establish and maintain as endowment funds – in perpetuity, the income from which is to be used to benefit the Valley residents through the invaluable work of registered charities and other qualified service providers. A gift of any size, does and will continue to make a difference. To date, we have returned more than $2 million to the community in grants, scholarships and bursaries for students and investment returns to those organizations that entrust their funds with us. And this will keep growing!
We invite you to get involved with the work of the Community Foundation. Explore our website to:
- learn more about what we do
- consider donating or creating a legacy
- apply for a grant
- understand your community better, or
- perhaps even serve on our Board or one of our committees.
Please feel free to contact us with any question you have or arrange to meet. We look forward to working with you!