Professional Development Grants
Professional Development Grants are to help organizations access training and professional growth opportunities so as to better deliver on their mandates and thereby strengthen the community. Up to a maximum of $2000.00 is available for organizations to help them access individual or group learning opportunities that build organizations and leadership capacity.
2017 Professional Development Grants
Our 2017 grant cycle is now closed. Please check back winter 2017 for details on 2018 Professional Development Grants.
Final Reporting for 2017 Professional Grant Recipients
Professional development grant recipients are required to submit a final report by November 30, 2017. This year we are asking all grant recipients to submit at least one quality photo (16 MB maximum) of your project. To assist you with preparing your final report, here is a copy of the final report form; however, we will only accept online final reports through the link below.
- The applicant must be a registered charity serving the Comox Valley Community Foundation’s geographic region (School District 71)
- Eligible beneficiaries include full and part time staff and volunteers with more than a year of service.
- The application may be for any professional training or learning opportunity (i.e. provided by an accredited organization or professional)
- Preference will be given to collaborative initiatives.
- Organizations will not be eligible for grants until all reporting requirements are completed from previous grants.
- While not essential, demonstration of other funding sources, such as the charity’s own commitment (financial or in-kind) would be beneficial.
- Only one application per organization is permitted per year.
- Grant funds may not be used for ‘political activities’ as defined by the Canada Revenue Agency.
- Applications must be submitted online with all questions completed and required documents uploaded.
- All project activities and final report must be completed by November 30, 2017.