Comox Valley Community Foundation Launches 2022 Neighbourhood Small Grants
The Comox Valley Community Foundation (CVCF) is pleased to announce that the Neighbourhood Small Grants (NSG) program will be accepting applications from individuals in the Comox Valley until Wednesday April 20, 2022. The NSG program offers small grants of up to $500 for community-based projects to help connect neighbours while following all public health guidelines.
In a change from 2021, this year’s program will only have one application period. Projects can take place anytime from April until December, but applications must be received before April 20.
“We are working hard to get the word out that this year, if you want to run a project in the fall or winter, you need to apply now,” said Christine Helpard, CVCF’s President. “A total of 38 projects were funded through two rounds of applications in 2021 and we hope to continue to see this program grow.”
Neighbourhood Small Grants are designed to kickstart our community’s imagination and create connection within neighbourhoods. Projects could be, but are not limited to:
- Sharing the arts
- Example: Neighbourhood musician’s event/jam session in the park; art workshop
- Celebration of Indigenous culture and language
- Example: Indigenous cultural event (e.g., craft night, harvesting traditional food, etc.)
- Sharing of skills and knowledge across generations
- Example: Youth teaching seniors to use iPad/tablets
- Growing and eating local food
- Example: Mushroom growing/harvesting; community garden work bees; composting projects
- Youth-led projects
- Example: Youth journaling project (e.g., interviewing seniors); reading buddy program (youth reading to young children and/or to seniors)
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Example: Host a 2SLGBTQIA+ event (e.g., Pride event); Parking lot BBQ for your townhouse complex with all residents invited; moms and toddlers’ event
Neighbourhood Small Grants projects must be free, accessible, and welcoming for all. Check out stories from past grant recipients to get inspired: https://neighbourhoodsmallgrants.ca/stories/.
Detailed information regarding Neighbourhood Small Grants as well as the link to the application is available on the Foundation’s website: https://cvcfoundation.org/nsg.