Comox Valley Community Foundation helps build a vital community by supporting local initiatives and organizations that strive to improve the community. We support a variety of causes tackling our community’s most pressing issues. Thanks to our generous donors, in 2019, Comox Valley Community Foundation will distribute $500,000 into the community in grants, scholarships and bursaries and in payments to charities who invest with us!
Currently, we have two granting opportunities for local charitable organizations. Before you apply for either grant, please read through our eligibility checklist below.
General Eligibility Checklist
1. Is your project within the defined geographic boundaries of School District #71?
2. Are you in good standing as a federally-registered charity or other qualified donee with the Canada Revenue Agency.
- If you are not a registered charity, you will need to partner with a registered charity and complete a Sponsorship Agreement Form.
3. Have you met all reporting requirements if you have had other grants from the Comox Valley Community Foundation?
- Project activities must be completed
- All received funds must be spent prior to submitting your final report
- Your final project completion form must be submitted
Community Enrichment Grant Eligibility
Here are some frequently asked questions about the Community Enrichment Grants.
Professional Development Grant Eligibility
Organizations will not be eligible for grants until all reporting requirements are completed from previous grants. All project activities and final report(s) must be completed by the date provided in the conditions of grant form to be eligible.
Grant funds may not be used for 'political activities' as defined by the Canada Revenue Agency.