Professional Development Grants
Professional Development Grants are to help organizations access training and professional growth opportunities so as to better deliver on their mandates and thereby strengthen the community. Up to a maximum of $2000.00 is available for organizations to help them access individual or group learning opportunities that build organizations and leadership capacity.
There will not be a competitive grant application process this year. Over the past two years, we heard from many local charitable organizations that they are in need of governance training. New this year, Comox Valley Community Foundation will be looking at how best to deliver governance training for local charities. Please check here in the fall for more details in the fall of 2018.
If you have received a Professional Development Grant, you will need to submit a final report. Please see Granting Resources for information about final reporting.
- The applicant must be a registered charity serving the Comox Valley Community Foundation’s geographic region (School District 71)
- Eligible beneficiaries include full and part time staff and volunteers with more than a year of service.
- The application may be for any professional training or learning opportunity (i.e. provided by an accredited organization or professional)
- Preference will be given to collaborative initiatives.
- Organizations will not be eligible for grants until all reporting requirements are completed from previous grants.
- While not essential, demonstration of other funding sources, such as the charity’s own commitment (financial or in-kind) would be beneficial.
- Only one application per organization is permitted per year.
- Grant funds may not be used for ‘political activities’ as defined by the Canada Revenue Agency.
- Applications must be submitted online with all questions completed and required documents uploaded.
- All project activities and final report(s) must be completed by November 15th to be eligible.