Benefits for Professional Advisors
Making Giving Solutions Easy
We are here to help you provide your clients with resources and advice about charitable giving. Your clients have their own personal reasons to explore philanthropy. We are eager to work in partnership with you to provide services and options for your clients to help them fulfill their financial and charitable wishes and that have a lasting impact on our community.
Why Should You Care About the Work the CVCF Does?
93%* of Canadians believe charities are important, and 88%* believe charities create higher quality of life for their recipients. Your clients care, and with hundreds of charities in the Comox Valley alone, it can be difﬁcult to know where to begin.
That’s where we come in. The Comox Valley Community Foundation is donor-focused and an ally to the ﬁnancial sector. Giving to charities is what we do – it is our business, and we are here to make it easy for your clients to contribute back to the community.
With 84%* of Canadians contributing to charity on an annual basis and signiﬁcant tax advantages associated with donations, charitable giving is an important part of your clients’ ﬁnancial plan. CVCF is cause neutral, which means we ensure grants are made to the causes important to our donors. Working with you, we will use our charitable sector expertise to ensure that your clients’ ﬁnancial and charitable goals are fulﬁlled.
* Percentages as reported in the 2012 Stats Canada Report
Benefits of working with a community foundation to help your clients:
- We work as your partner. You stay in control of your client relationships – we’re here to help you provide a full range of services to your clients.
- We are experts on charitable giving. Whether it’s setting up a less costly alternative to a private foundation or putting together a complicated estate plan, we can tailor giving plans to meet your clients’ particular needs.
- We offer expert knowledge about our community, so we can help your clients be as effective as possible in their giving.
- We help you connect across generations. When you help families establish a Donor-Advised Fund (link to Donor-Advised Fund) with us, you and they can stay involved for generations.
- We help your clients donate a variety of assets, (link to Donor-Advised Fund) including cash, appreciated publicly traded securities, and real estate. These can be assets they give now or later as part of their estate plans.