COMMUNITY FUND FOR CANADA’s 150th
Canada’s sesquicentennial is an historic moment with the power to bring people and places together as we dream big about our communities and our country. In the spirit of this moment, the Community Fund for Canada’s 150th will activate a breathtaking array of ideas and activities that will bring out the best that Canada has to offer, now and for future generations. The Community Fund for Canada’s 150th is a small grants program that will support community initiatives from coast to coast to coast. The Fund is a collaboration between Canada’s community foundations, the Government of Canada, and extraordinary leaders from coast to coast to coast.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
WHO CAN APPLY?
The Community Fund for Canada’s 150th is available to qualified donees operating within Canada, with the
exception of federal, provincial, and territorial governments; the United Nations, and the Crown.
Community groups and other actors are welcome to work with a qualified donee to make an application
to the Fund. In the case of such a collaboration, the qualified donee would submit the application and act as a
fiscal agent on behalf of the collaborating parties. Check the Canada Revenue Agency Charities Listing,
and List of Other Qualified Donees to find potential partners in your community –
they may be interested in collaborating on your project!
WHAT KINDS OF PROJECTS ARE ELIGIBLE FOR FUNDING?
In collaboration with the Community Fund for Canada’s 150th, the Comox Valley Community Foundation
will consider applications for grants of up to $15,000 from projects that meet the following eligibility criteria:
1. Eligible projects must be based in Canada and must work towards the Fund’s objectives to:
· ENCOURAGE participation in community activities and events to mark Canada’s 150th.
· INSPIRE a deeper understanding about the people, places and events that shape our communities and our country.
· BUILD vibrant and healthy communities with the broadest possible engagement of all Canadians,
including Indigenous peoples, groups that reflect our cultural diversity, youth, and official language minorities.
2. Eligible projects are required to match the grant requested, through in-kind or cash contributions equal to the value
of the grant. For example, an applicant that requests a $2,000 grant for a project would be required to come to the table
with $2,000 worth of cash or in-kind support for their own project. Cash contributions may come from other funding
sources; in-kind contributions may include volunteer hours or other resources that are not covered
by the requested amount.
3. Eligible projects must commit to performing funded activities and expenditures between the date that the grant is approved
and before January 31, 2018.
Please note that the following projects will be ineligible for funding:
- Large-scale infrastructure projects (ie. building a building or a local facility).
- Recurring events, activities or festivals (ie. the annual folk fest, the 26th annual community fair)
- Projects related to political activities or lobbying
- Projects that are designed for fundraising purposes
- Projects deemed controversial, dismissive or offensive
- Ongoing activities, such as the publication of regular issues of newsletters, magazines and periodicals
- Any activity taking place outside Canada
- Projects that are funded in whole or in part by the Government of Canada
WHEN CAN I APPLY?
Comox Valley Community Foundation will be accepting applications for the Community Fund for Canada’s 150th during the following application period:
September 1st to October 22nd, 2016
The information gathered through the application process will not be made public and will be shared with community foundations and the Government of Canada exclusively for purposes related to the Fund. Please note that all applications received for funding under this program will automatically be considered in the Comox Valley Community Foundation’s regular fall Community Enrichment granting program. There is no need to submit a separate application.
HOW DO I APPLY?
The Comox Valley Community Foundation will be accepting applications for Canada’s 150th during the September 1st to October 22nd
application period. As of September 1st, all applications will be received through the Community Fund for Canada’s 150th granting platform.
You will be directed to register an account before you can start your application. LEARN MORE ABOUT THE APPLICATION PROCESS HERE
If you still have questions, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com
This initiative is made possible by the Community Fund for Canada’s 150th, a collaboration between the Comox Valley Community Foundation, the Government of Canada, and extraordinary leaders from coast to coast to coast. Cette initiative est rendue possible grâce au Fonds communautaire pour le 150e anniversaire du Canada, qui est une collaboration entre la fondation de communautaire de Comox Valley, le gouvernement du Canada et des leaders extraordinaires de l’Atlantique au Pacifique à l’Arctique.