Emergency Community Support Fund (ECSF)
The Government of Canada’s new Emergency Community Support Fund offers grants to charities working with vulnerable populations impacted by the COVID-19 crisis in the Comox Valley. Applications will be received on a rolling basis, with decisions made weekly.
The ECSF is a rapid response fund program initiated by the Government of Canada through an investment of $350 million to charities and non-profit organizations across Canada. Community Foundations of Canada (CFC), United Way Centraide Canada (UWCC), and the Canadian Red Cross (CRC) are working together with the federal government to deploy funding at the local level.
The Comox Valley Community Foundation has partnered with CFC to deploy funds in the Comox Valley. ECSF funding is intended to be used for projects carried out before March 31, 2021 that are addressing urgent social inclusion or wellbeing needs of vulnerable groups as a result of COVID-19.
Funds will be disbursed as soon as possible and on a rolling basis. Applications must be submitted by July 27th. The Comox Valley Community Foundation is pleased to be partnering with the United Way Central & Northern Vancouver Island and the Comox Valley chapter of the Canadian Red Cross Society to meet the needs of our community.
- Applicants must be a registered charity or qualified donee, as defined by the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA)
- Projects must serve one or more vulnerable populations in the Comox Valley who have been affected by COVID-19
- Projects must clearly address a pressing social inclusion or well-being need caused by COVID-19
- Be carried out in a short timeframe with a reasonable budget, before March 31, 2021
Projects must not:
- Be designed for fundraising purposes
- Generate profits
- Take place outside of Canada
Eligible expenditures include reasonable and essential expenditures to carry out the project. These include:
- Wages and benefits
- Professional fees
- Travel and accommodations
- Materials and supplies
- Printing and communication
- Equipment rental/lease/maintenance
- Administration costs
- Disability support for staff
Projects can receive funding from other sources, including ECSF grants from United Way or Red Cross. However, the same budget item cannot be covered by two separate ECSF grants for the same project.
Please review the Applicant Guide prior to applying – Click Here
The Emergency Community Support Fund